A banner raid is where a group of Toastmasters from the same club visits the meeting of another club. The prize of the raid? Walking out of the meeting with the club’s banner!
- Original wave party: five members of the same club.
- In good taste, the raid may either be pre-determined or a surprise ambush.
- Costumes (i.e. bandit bandannas, pirate hats) are optional.
- To retrieve the banner, the raided club must assemble five members to attend the meeting of the raider’s club and raid back their banner.
- To up the ante, the raided club may bring TEN members. In doing so, not only do they reclaim their own banner, but they also get to raid the other club’s banner!
- Visit other clubs, step outside your comfort zone, learn about their nuances, and have the opportunity to share best practices.
- Build a sense of camaraderie between clubs.
- It’s fun!